Strezov Sampling Storm Choir 1 KONTAKT-SYNTHiC4TE
About Storm Choir
Storm Choir is a 12-piece chamber choir comprising six men and six women from some of
Bulgaria's finest choirs, including the National Radio Choir, Sofia Philharmonic Choir and the
Our goal was to capture the detail and intimacy that can be found in a smaller ensemble,
while at the same time delivering a larger-than-life performance. The singers were recorded in
position (women on the left, men on the right) in a small hall in Sofia. The subtle natural
ambiance of the space brought the samples to life without compromising the tonal clarity. We
used 4 mic positions to afford users full control of the spatial balance, all of which are
included in the interface.
We aimed to capture the FFF dynamic range exclusively. Storm was not intended as a ‘be all
end all’ choir library, but rather to target one area of choral performance, and do it really well.
We are very excited to release Storm Choir. Enjoy!
Please see below for additional details on the interface and a complete articulation/patch list.
Disclaimer / Philosophy
We would like to note that, in our pursuit for more lively and natural samples, we tend to avoid
a few things that are considered commonplace. We do not reduce noise in our samples. We
tune only gently, as needed, and we do not loop or normalize—we prefer to retain the natural
dynamics. We embrace candid, lively samples that include some natural imperfections
1. Stack: Double tracks the choir, emulating a larger ensemble.
2. Tighten: Tightens the attacks via a Time Machine 2 speed ramp.
3. Sequence Chant: Automates the choice of syllables. The chant sequence is identical
in both men/women and marcatos/staccatos, allowing you to play them in conjunction.
We also added a cyan keyswitch on F0 that lets you reset the chant sequence,
allowing for more control over it
4. Release: Turns on or off release samples.
5. Sample Offset: Starts note at specific time into the sample, allowing you to create new
vowels (e.g. “Rraw” becomes “Aah”).
6. Syllable Selector: Syllables are controlled via red key switches. You can change the
keyswitch by double-clicking it and editing the corresponding note, or simply click on a
7. Mic Mixer: Consists of faders that control 4 mic position levels. Pan option for close
8. Purge buttons: The blue on/off buttons purge all samples from the corresponding
microphone perspective, allowing you to save RAM from unneeded perspectives.
Native Instruments Kontakt 4.2.4+ (Full version) - FREE Player NOT SUPPORTED
Home page: https://www.strezov-sampling.com/products/view/STORM-CHOIR%201.html
Download (Only for VIP members)